Saturday, January 8, 2011

Stumbling Blocks


I have stumbled in my chosen path. I haven't been eating my veggies like I had promised myself I would. It seems like a small thing; and in the long run it is. But the little things are what add up to the big things. Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character; and finally your character becomes your destiny. So if I want my destiny to be a healthier, happier me; I need to make new thoughts to form new habits, so I can have a new destiny. This is not as easy as it sounds....changing a lifetime (or even a few months or years) of habits is hard. And as demonstrated by this past week I will obviously stumble or forget. Which is one reason I am going to try and keep in mind the following poem,; because in the end it is not the stumbling that matters but whether or not I get up again.


Try, Try Again


By T.H. Palmer



'Tis a lesson you should heed,


If at first you don't succeed,


Then your courage should appear,


For if you will persevere,


You will conquer, never fear


Try, try again;


Once or twice, though you should fail,


If you would at last prevail,


Try, try again;


If we strive, 'tis no disgrace


Though we do not win the race;


What should you do in the case?


Try, try again


If you find your task is hard,


Time will bring you your reward,


Try, try again


All that other folks can do,


Why, with patience, should not you?


Only keep this rule in view:


Try, try again.









No comments:

Post a Comment