Friday, January 14, 2011

Who is that Face in the Mirror?


Sometimes I don't recognise the person in the mirror. The person I see in my mind is not the one who gets reflected back to me in the mirror or in photographs. I don't understand how I could have changed so much and I often get down about it. This week has been one of those weeks. I haven't lost any weight this week. When I saw the number on the scale, I started my usual negative litany that often runs through my mind about my appearance. But for once I stopped myself. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Just look at the painting below.....This woman was once considered a great beauty. In today's society she would be looked at as over weight. But even "overweight" she has a confidence that draws you in and makes you want to look at her again. Confidence is always sexy. That is something I need to work on.
I still want to be healthy, but the way others see me has more to do with how I see myself. Once I see myself as beautiful and sexy; others will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment