Monday, January 17, 2011

Shopping Therapy

Mom and I went out shopping on Saturday. A couple of stores in our mall were having close-outs sales. So we decided to check it out.

I found this adorable top that when I wear it makes my waist look smaller, my boobs look perky, and my tummy flatter. I love, love, LOVE finding clothes like this. They are the kind of things that just make you feel better about yourself when you put them on.

Add to the fabulous top, a leather skirt that fits like a glove and only cost me $3.99 (store closing sale); and we have a killer outfit that makes me feel like I want to conquer the world.

I put it all together with a pair of stiletto ankle boots that I bought just because I liked them; even though I never thought I would have a reason to wear them. I wore the outfit on Sunday and had more compliments on how I looked than I had received from people, other than my husband, in years.

I felt good.....no not good, GREAT! In my mind I was sexy, gorgeous, and could turn heads. Even after I took the outfit off, I still had that feeling. I loved it. It then all came to a crashing halt this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I had gained a little of the weight I had lost; most likely because of the fried chicken I ate this weekend. (mmmm....fried chicken).

It seems like the hardest thing about changing how I view myself is the litany of negative self-talk that runs through my head. I probably had those extra pounds on me when I was wearing my super-fly outfit and I still felt great at that time.....so why does just knowing about those pounds burst my confidence bubble?

Maybe I need to go shopping again...

No comments:

Post a Comment